Navigating Challenges in a Changing World
The oil and gas industry is facing one of its greatest challenges as the world moves to a low-carbon economy and the global social licence to produce hydrocarbons becomes more complex by each passing day. The energy producers are in a constant state of evolution, and investing in new technologies to produce more hydrocarbons, lower costs, and better protect the environment is not new for them.
Staying the course and keeping business as usual is not an option for the oil and gas industry. The Low Carbon Innovation Forum explores ways the petroleum sector can navigate the challenges ahead and find opportunities for development and growth.
We will examine ways to accelerate technological innovation, reduce risk and increase the successful commercialization of innovative technologies. Experts will focus on new business models that can help ensure success in a marketplace where investors are risk adverse. It will also probe the unimaginable – what the oil and gas sector may look like when hydrocarbons are no longer used as fuels.
The Low Carbon Innovation Forum is FREE to attend with your registration to Global Petroleum Show and seating will be available on a first-come-first-served basis (so please arrive early). Register today!
Program Day 1
1:00 pm - 1:15 pm
Opening Remarks and Introduction
- Zoë Kolbuc, Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC)
1:45 pm - 2:45 pm
Need for Speed: Accelerating the Innovation Cycle Time
- Candice Paton, Alberta Innovates
- François Blouin, ATCO Electric
- Suzanne West, Imaginea Energy
Program Day 2
1:45 pm - 2:45 pm
Field of Dreams: The Future of the Oil and Gas Industry in a Low Carbon Economy
- Bill Whitelaw, JWN Energy
- Issam Dairanieh, CO2 Sciences
- Michael Monea, International Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) Knowledge Centre
- Joy Romero, Canadian Natural Resources Limited
- Jennifer Winter, The School of Public Policy, University of Calgary