UNCONVENTIONAL HYDROCARBON ENERGY RESOURCES IN THE AMERICAS: NAVIGATING OPPORTUNITY AND RISK
The large reserves of unconventional hydrocarbon energy resources in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Argentina and Brazil are well known. Globally, unconventional hydrocarbon resources are priority exploitation targets. Given the technical and cost challenges of extraction, partnerships with experienced companies are critical. There is tremendous opportunity because of the unconventional hydrocarbon resources available. However, investing and doing business in international markets implies many unknowns that increase risk.
The Canadian Council for the Americas’ Alberta Lunch of the Americas, at the Global Petroleum Show, will offer attendees the opportunity to network with and learn from a panel of experienced international experts and private sector leaders from Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, the United States and Canada, who will share their knowledge and insights, providing a high-level business perspective on market opportunities.
Some examples of the opportunities and challenges that will be discussed at this CCA Alberta’s signature event include:
- Argentina’s significant reserves in Vaca Muerta, and the Argentinian governments commitment to develop unconventional hydrocarbon energy resources
- The Brazilian government’s interest in creating a pilot project for unconventional hydrocarbon resource development
- Mexico’s National Hydrocarbons Commission’s (CNH) success in establishing fair and competitive bidding processes to attract international investment in its unconventional hydrocarbon sector
- The economic impact of United States’ “Shale Revolution”
- Canadian best practices and technologies applied in shale and tight resources
CCA Alberta invites you to join us at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Calgary on Wednesday June 13, 2018 from 10:00 am to 1:30 pm. Lineup of speakers will be released shortly.